NORFOLK HOUSE DENTAL CARE – UPDATE ON SERVICE
You may have seen on Thursday 28th May ‘Coronavirus Update’ with the PM the announcement that Dentists can re-open from 8th June.
We (the dental profession) found this out at the same time as everyone else watching the briefing. The date of 8th June came as a total surprise to us, with no prior communication from the Government or Department of Health as to when we could reopen. Whilst it is only a ‘can reopen from’ date, to meet this we would have 6 working days to:
- Ensure the Practice is safely reopened from hibernation. Whilst nearing completion, we are still making infrastructure changes to the building to maximise your safety.
- To source the enhanced level of protective personal equipment (PPE) to use when we treat you. However, we await official guidance on precisely what PPE is required for different procedures. This is due for release on 2nd June.
- Undertake additional training for all of our staff to ensure your patient journey is as safe as possible when you visit us.
This is not practicable and we envisage being in a position to reopen at some stage in the week commencing 15th June. Our focus will be to deal with the emergencies which have accumulated during the lockdown period before moving on to more routine care.
Due to very strict protocols, the ‘patient journey’ (before, during and after) at Norfolk House will be very different to that which you have previously been used to.
Key points are:
- To keep safe, there will be limited treatment slots each day
- Patients will be prioritised based on the nature of their problem
- We will operate an appointment-only system
- No appointments will be made without prior telephone triage
- There will be no walk-in facility
We ask for your continued patience as we progress in a phased manner towards ultimately a return to normality at Norfolk House.
Dr P J Andrews & Dr S M Robb.
29th May 2020
Norfolk House Dental Care Insurance Plan takes the worry out of treatment costs
At Norfolk House, we offer our own treatment insurance plan which is specially tailored to our patients’ individual requirements and run for us by DPAS. Our monthly easy-payment plan covers the cost of routine dental eventualities following assessment.Read More...